About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

You know you're spoiled by your Nook when...

I was at the gym today. I was doing some cross training on the elliptical, so took advantage of reading the latest Runner's World we got in the mail. I cannot read mags on the treadmill, only my Nook, which I never thought I'd ever be able to do either. But it's surprisingly easy and passes the time like crazy...and I can make the text bigger on the Nook, so the bouncing up and down doesn't inhibit my ability to read. Besides, if you're running effortlessly and smoothly, you shouldn't be bouncing much anyways, right?

Okay, totally beside the point, so back to the elliptical story. I was reading my Runner's World, and instead of physically turning the page, I tapped the bottom right of the left page there (see picture below). It did not go to the next page. 


 Then I came back to reality. OH MY GOODNESS. This is a magazine. Paper. I have to turn the pages myself. Did I seriously just do that?? That's when I realized I've been reading too many books and am spoiled by my Nook (it's a touch screen...you know iPod or iPad style). I was a little embarrassed, but laughing at myself inside.

Truthfully, I don't think you can ever read too many books.

Then I noticed the quote at the bottom of the page when I went I back to take a picture for you guys:


"I think I get addicted to the feelings associated with the end of a long run. I love feeling empty, clean, worn out, starving, and sweat-purged. I love the good ache of muscles that have done me proud."

I love that quote. It pretty much sums up running for me, except she forgot to talk about the adrenaline and the high too. I just love running. And being capable of running and being passionate about it.

Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that I'm still apparently spoiled by my Nook.

No comments:

Post a Comment