About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ear Wax

A post about ear wax is kinda gross, huh? 

Well, I can't help it. Cause these things are awesome. With a capital A. 

Kate and I discovered these years and years ago and do them every now and then. This particular brand is called Harmony Cone. Casey had never done this before. Who doesn't love trying new things? Katie and I coaxed him into participating. We probably told him he'd be able to hear things miles away afterwards. That's something we would do.



So this is what goes down. You put the stick in your ear (or have someone else do it for safety precaution) and light it on fire. Woot woot. Sounds dangerous, but that's partially why it's so fun. The risk that you could drop it and catch the house on fire. Or yourself. Take great care and hope that your helper is paying attention.

Then, when the fire burns halfway down the stick, the participant rolls over for the remainder of the stick to burn down to the red line in the other ear. Then you douse the burning stick in water to put out the fire, cut open the stick, and get grossed out by all the goo inside. We didn't take a picture of that part. Casey thinks it's a ploy. That the wax you see is part of the stick burning, and they make you think it's coming from your ears and now they are just super clean. Who knows.

Below is Casey's first time. It looks like he's having-fun-slash-scared. Either that, or he doesn't fully trust Katie to hold a fiery stick in his ear. He survived though.


You can find these ear wax candles (I'm not sure of their technical name) at most any natural foods or organic store. You know, the likes of Trader Joes, Earthfare, Whole Foods, Talleys, etc.

They're a little granola, but it's so fun to do and you feel as if you've done your body this great service of deep ear cleaning. Kinda like the feeling after getting a facial or pedicure...like your body should feel renewed and happy. No?

P.S. Casey has guard this weekend, so I'm working on his anniversary present on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has no idea (until he reads this blog anyways)...

No comments:

Post a Comment