About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Book Review

Here's what happens to me when I don't have my nook.

I had to concoct a contraption to keep my paperback book open while I'm working out. It works best on the elliptical or biking because I can still put my finger on the page if I need to. Not so much while I'm running. I use my arms when I run. So I try to fashion a towel or water bottle across the pages to weigh them down so they don't fly up and make me lose my spot. I only get about 5 pages read on the treadmill. So here's the method to my madness. You'll notice my thumb in both pictures. I tried to document that the ink died (Or dyed? That's terrible--did I make it past the first grade?) all my fingers because I was sweating.


I miss my nook. Kate is borrowing it to read a couple books I have on there. Plus this Mitch Rapp series I'm reading by Vince Flynn is the bomb. I highly reccomend them. I only had 3 of them on the nook. Dad has the rest in paper back, so I didn't want to waste money by purchasing them again. Instead I borrow his. Library of Dad.

This is what I'm left with.


I'm not a complete diva though because at least I can recognize not buying something merely for convenience. It does not mean I can't enjoy my nook when I do have it, right?! 

The craziest thing is that I never used to read while I ran. The idea would have flabbergasted me. Just silly. But this series is just too good. Promise. Mitch is part spy-part BA-part hottie-part awesome-part Ironman winner-part everything. He's like a real life action figure. Besides I totally feel like I'm on the up and up with the inner workings of the CIA now. Go to your nearest amazon.com or Barnes and Noble or public library and start reading this series ASAP. You will not regret it.



No comments:

Post a Comment