About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Mondays: Stereotyped

Two things happened to me today that just scream MONDAY:

1) I ran this morning at work (treadmills in the lab for those of you who have no clue what I do) and then had to shower here...naturally. I showered and was getting dressed only to find out (after frantically tossing my clothes about) that I had forgotten a clean pair of undies. Seriously? What are my options? Go commando...in jeans? My worst nightmare. Or wear dirty underwear? My other worst nightmare.

Sigh. I'm sure I have worse nightmares than those. But that's just all I could think this morning. What's a girl to do? What would you do? I'm commando right now. Not that any of you care or need to know. But in the essence of being truly honest with you, I thought you should know that I am a clean person and could not imagine wearing dirty undies.

I know you've all been there, admittedly or not. Maybe you just don't talk about it as candidly.

2) I just ate my banana. I thought I had successfully examined and removed all the strings, and was putting the banana in my mouth only to feel one of those strings dangling at my chin. Disgusted, I immediately removed the banana from my mouth and disposed of the string. Gross out. I nearly ate a banana string. Ugh. This weekend my nephews were eating bananas, they have no qualms with a banana strings. I literally could not watch them eat. Is that really so strange? Who here likes string-less bananas and who could care less?

Oh another note, I was playing legos with Keller (one of my nephews) this weekend, and we were building and sorting. He had bought a new bag of legos from the Lego Store at Concord Mills (with his very own money...so cute). In the bag, there were 3 cool looking Atlantis characters. Now I'm not familiar with who they are, but I knew they were important because he kept talking about them. He has the sweetest heart. He insisted that I take one of them home with me to play with. His brand spankin new lego. AND, even cooler, it's a magnet too! My heart just melted. I told him I would borrow it until the next time I saw him and then he could have it back, so we could both play with it.

So here it is. Right at home on our fridge!




No comments:

Post a Comment