About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Letters to Casey (Week 2)


BABE! I prayed for you today. I've been praying for you everyday.

I miss you like WOAH. Isn't it funny? I feel like it's last year all over again. When you lived in Boone and I lived in Charlotte without you. Every night I would just long for you to be there so I could hug you and kiss you. I forgot what that truly felt like until now.

I realized earlier this week that I'm counting the weeks you are gone by the number of times I bring the trash can and recycling bucket back into the garage. That's only two times so far. Sigh.

It's really no fun to go to yoga by myself. Or to brush my teeth by myself before bed. Or to not have anyone to kiss goodbye in the mornings. Or doing handstands without you. Or eating cereal without you on the weekends. Or having the most handsome man in the world sneak up behind me on the treadmill at the gym. Or occasional trips to Sweet Frog and the grocery store without you. I miss the simple most ordinary things.

I also miss the unique and special things you do and say that make me feel like a zillion bucks. You make me happy. Did you know that? Yeah. YOU can do that. Turn my frown upside down. Make me giggle when I'm down in the dumps.

You're missing out on the Challenge, The Bachelor, Teen Mom. All the good shows. JK. But you're a doll to watch all those silly shows with me. What you're legit missing out on is Revenge. It is so good! And Bethenny starts soon. She's so so funny. Like me. (And actually, to let you in on a secret, the Challenge actually is really good so far.)

I bought our puppy (I almost said her name, but that's supposed to be a surprise for the viewing audience. I cannot believe I almost slipped!) her water and food bowls last night. And her leash. On wag.com. How cute is the name of the website? You'll approve of the selections. Cause I've got style. Trust me. 

I also wanted to remind you to do your best in all you do. That's all that matters. YOUR best. Not someone else's. And it glorifies the Lord. Isn't that we're in this world for anyways?

Also, I wanted to remind you what Timmy (Tebow) (as if I really had to clarify...) always said to himself for motivation when he needed an extra push in his training:
"Somewhere he is out there, training while I am not. One day, when we meet, he will win."
(I picked orange for the Broncos! And for Florida! Convenient, huh?)

Now, you use that as motivation to do your best.  And to keep training hard, not just enough to get by. To beat them all on that 1.5 mile run, on those push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups. And in the classroom. To stand out.

But even if you don't beat any of them, I love you and am proud of you for being there and working hard and giving your best.

I love you wrapped around the world infinity times plus 22.

P.S. Look! I found another heart. This time it was in my eye shadow. You know the first coat I put on. You know I don't have ghostly eyes with this pearlescent color. But another heart. Just for us. I find them everywhere and in the strangest places, huh?



No comments:

Post a Comment