About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Smoked Turkey Wraps

This is super easy, but so so good. Restaurant worthy. In fact, I think I'll open a restaurant. This will be on the menu.

1 package garlic and herb flavored cheese, softened
4 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
1/2 red onion, sliced
1/2 T brown sugar
Honey smoked sliced turkey
8 bacon slices, cooked
2 c loosely packed mixed greens

Preheat oven to 350.

Cook bacon in skillet.



Cook sliced onions in non-stick skillet coated with splash of olive oil. Add 1/2 T brown sugar and cook until translucent.


Spread softened cheese evenly over whole wheat tortillas. We used Alouette Light Garlic and Herb spreadable cheese this time. Last time we used Laughing Cow (Casey calls it Baby Cow) reduced fat garden vegetable cheese. Either works. We get whatever is on sale.



Top cheese evenly with caramelized onions.


Then turkey (we just did two slices per tortilla).


And finally bacon (again, two slices per tortilla).


Roll up, and place on cookie sheet. Put in oven for 6 minutes until warmed through.


Open wraps to stuff with mixed greens and roll back up. Eat.


We ate ours with fresh fruit. Delish. One of Kate's patients brought her fresh farmer's market strawberries. Heaven. We had those with watermelon and blackberries. Talk about a party in your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment