About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Plants!


Remember way back when (okay, it was only January) when I planted the pretty purple pansies? Well, they still look so pretty which has proven that I can totally do this whole gardening thing.

So this weekend Casey and I ventured out to Lowes to buy pots to plant our blackberry bushes in (FINALLY) and also decided to start a baby garden.



The Victoria's Secret bag in the back of my car fits right in, no?

So we got home and started planting. I'm not in any of the pics cause I'm taking them all. I did help plant though. And my foot is actually in the picture below.


Here's our blackberry bushes (in the black pot)! The start of them anyway. One of them should produce fruit this summer. The other won't be fruitful (no pun intended...okay it was intended, but still funny, right?) until next summer. Sheesh.


I swear by now I've spent millions buying tomatoes every grocery store trip. I love tomatoes. But they are heavy...so that means they are expensive. But now? Now we have our own tomato bush (vine?). Actually we have three. The first two are in the green tub on the left in the picture above. Hopefully no animal comes around to chomp at them. But I don't think we have deer in Mint Hill. Not where we live anyways. Hopefully no rabbits or cats take a liking to them either. I can't wait for these to sprout. The other tomato vine is on the far right below. Next to it in the tub are zucchini seeds. Stoked!


We also love us some fresh herbs. So here you have rosemary (my fav), parsley, cilantro, and basil. They're in the four pots above.

Here's my gardener watering them all.



One day when we have a house with a normal sized yard, we'll plant a garden with lettuce and cucumbers and all kinds of stuff. Until then, our little newlywed style garden and trips to the farmers market will do!

And of course, a little Jesus for you.

John 15.


 5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

No comments:

Post a Comment