About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Date Night

Remember the other day when I said I have a H-O-T sushi date for Friday? Well, scratch that. H-O-T still, but not sushi. Case got a Groupon for Zada Janes, and we've always heard good things and have realllly wanted to try it. And we are all over some good deals. So, Zada Jane's it was. It's on Central Avenue, and actually right across from Kelly Tire Sales, where we have taken our cars for years and years for any major work we've needed done. We trust Mark Kelly. He went to my grandpa's church. That's how we found them.

Anyhow, back to date night!

We had to buy $30 worth, but it only cost us $15. Highway robbery! For us...

We got an appetizer of Trio Spinach Artichoke Dip served with Pita. Yum. Very good. We couldn't eat it all. The pita with it is way better than chips or real bread. I've decided that anyways. The server was so nice too. This is what he said when he brought it out, "Hi, friends!" I felt like I was back in Boone. At Melanie's. And that's a good thing. It's probably my favorite restaurant of all time. The food, the atmosphere, the people, the city.


Casey got a Thomas Creek Red Ale. I got wine. When our waitress brought our drinks, "Cheers!" See? The people are so nice. Genuinely. And we got to sit outside on the patio as you can see. It was just lovely.


Then our real meals came right away. I got the Veggie Quesadilla. It was in the appetizers section, but I can't eat a ton at once anyways, and obviously it looks the size of a real-live entree. It had sweet potato, black beans, and pepper jack. SOLD. I'm a sucker for most things with sweet potato. And melted cheese. It came with caramelized onions and fresh salsa.  Two-thumbs up. And if I had more thumbs, they'd be up too.


Casey got the Bunny Rancheros. When we got home we told Kate it was called that because it had rabbit in it. She believed us. Seriously? Haha. I'm still not sure why it was called that, but it was a take on Huevos Rancheros. Who doesn't like breakfast for dinner? This was a huge dish though.  I think Casey's eyes got big.


He did not know where to even start. Seriously though.


And neither of us finished anything. It was all delicious though. We love date nights.

Shout out to our sitter. Our puppy sitter. Thanks a million, Kate.

Now we have an excuse for another date very soon. Since Sushi got bumped.  Rusan's, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment