About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Crock Pot Lasagna!

I think one time I said I need to give ya'll this recipe. So here it is! So easy and delicious.

Ingredients:
1.5 large jars of spaghetti sauce (I used Classico. Yum.)
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
8 or so pieces of lasagna noodles, uncooked
1 pint of ricotta cheese (I use fat free and you'd never know it.)
Veggies

Usually we make this lasagna with just veggies, but since we had TWO boys in the house last night, I decided to throw in some meat. So add 1 pound of lean ground turkey (or beef if you prefer) to the ingredients list. I also had some baby sweet peppers in the fridge I wanted to use, and the peppers were a nice touch.  Props to me. Usually I throw in some spinach, and it's delicious; but this time, I didn't have any. Booo.

Also, I had some ricotta cheese leftover from last time but not quite a whole pint, and I had some cottage cheese hanging out in the fridge, so I used that to make up for the ricotta cheese that I was missing. It's okay to use your imagination.

So the staple veggies that I use are as follows:
Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower (If you get the bag of pre-mixed vegetables at the store, it's the perfect amount. You can find them where the bagged lettuce is in the produce section.), 2 zucchini, 1 yellow squash, and spinach. I also think I've thrown in some fresh halved cherry tomatoes before, and as mentioned, I used some peppers this time. Be creative and use your favs.

Brown meat. Chop veggies. I also sauteed the peppers to bring out the flavor.


In medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese (and cottage cheese in this case) and 2 cups of shredded mozz. It will be thick and gummy. That's okay.


In a large bowl, combine sauce, browned ground turkey, and veggies.


Spray your crock pot with cooking spray. Put 1/2 cup of sauce mixture in the bottom of the crockpot, then layer pasta (broken to fit), and next put a layer of the cheese mixture. Continue the pattern (about 3 layers) ending with a layer of sauce on top. Sprinkle last cup of mozz on top.


Cook on low 4-6 hours. One time I forgot and thought it was only supposed to cook for 2 hours, so I panicked. Then I decided I didn't want us to eat dinner at 10 pm so I'd just put it on high for 2 hours, and it worked out perfectly too.


It's tasty either way and makes so so much. We have tons of leftovers. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment