About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Letters to Casey (Week 1)

Casey,

I can't believe you've already been gone a whole week. Seven whole days. That's 168 hours. 10,080 minutes. 604,800 seconds. That's ALOT of seconds. But honestly, I thought it would be more in the millions. Maybe my math is off. Totally beside the point because I feel like it's been an eternity. I can't wait until you come home to me.

I am proud of you though. I hope you're having fun. I know it will get way more fun (for you) after this first week (or maybe the second week...) merely because you'll have some freedom. As long as you know I'm missing you, thinking about you, and praying for you, then I hope you will be okay. I look at a picture of you at least 3000 times a day, and am thinking of you constantly. It's a wonder I'm getting any work done at all.

Actually I'm getting lots of work done. We have tons of research right now. But you know how my schedule will be through May. I'm kinda bummed about that part. It will make the days go by faster until I get to see you though.

Hey, guess what?! Today is our 8 month anniversary. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So freakin exciting. Almost a whole entire year being married to the love of my life. Have I mentioned that I can't wait to give you your anniversary present?? Ha ha.

We had mocha peppermint coffee this morning. We've been making it every morning. It's delicious. You would hate it. As yummy as it is, I would totes toss the bag of peppermint mocha coffee to drink original flavor if you could be back here to drink it with me in the morning.

You know what though? You haven't been able to have coffee for a week. A week. A whole entire week. 7 days. Talk about torture. So I think you probably want some so badly right now, you'd even drink this :) It's not that peppermint-y or mocha-y. Don't worry. You'd probably even like it. It is Dunkin afterall. And you really can't go wrong with Dunkin.

So, now that I can send you actual stuff, can I mail myself to you? Can you bribe someone to let me come visit? I know that'd be distracting, so it's okay. We'll just be THIS much more excited to see each other in 5 more weeks.

Okay, love. You're my angel. I think about you always. And I miss you like cray-zay.

I love you bigger than the biggest animal. I just looked it up. The biggest animal is a Blue Whale. This one looks like kind of a big deal. Can you imagine how many fish he could eat at once?


It kind of makes sense, since sea creatures are "weightless." The largest recorded one is 389,760 pounds. Woah. Can you imagine having to lug that kinda weight around on land? Their hearts are the size of a small car. And the arteries, so big that you could climb through them. Wanna go spelunking? Caving inside the arteries of a blue whale? I'm fascinated. So enthralled that I'm going to put the website here so you can read too. When they are babies, they can drink up to 100 gallons of their mother's milk in a day. And put on 200 pounds every 24 hours. Big, right? Well I love you more than that.

I LOVE YOU!

Your loving wifey

No comments:

Post a Comment