About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

An apple a day

My weekend was different than most weekends that I'd classify as my most favorite ever.

Yesterday, Casey left for Alabama. Here is all his stuff piled at the front door ready to be packed in the truck.


I felt like I was sending him off to college with all his dorm room stuff or to camp for the entire summer. This makes me sad. It's actually alot more stuff than it looks.

We had french toast and "sausage" for breakfast. I say "sausage" because, yes, I have introduced Casey to veggie sausage. It is actually so, so good. I wanted to send him off with a good breakfast. So here's a picture. He's so cute. His big mug of coffee, french toast with strawberries, and "sausage". Yum. I like eating breakfast with him.


And, totally UNplanned was this piece of my french toast that happened to be in the shape of a heart. Way cool, huh? To represent our love, no doubt. I have no other plausible explanation for this.



Sleeping on Friday night was hard, knowing he was leaving early the next morning. I woke up often and every time I woke up, I scooted closer to Casey and held him tight and gave him an extra kiss. Sigh.

I also made him lunch for his drive down. I bought him this enormous apple. It was a honey crisp (his favorite). And it was the smallest one in the Harris Teeter I was at. You heard me right, the smallest one there. Ha ha. To put it in perspective, it's sitting next to a McIntosh apple.


This thing was nearly a pound. A whole pound. For one apple. I told Casey it was to last him the whole 6 weeks...to keep him healthy since I wasn't sure if they'd make apples available. You know the old adage 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'...I think this one will do the job.

And then this morning, I had the last bit of our Special K with Red Berries (Lowes brand) and guess what fell on top of my cereal?


A strawberry. Shaped like a heart. For me and Casey and our undying love. Makes sense, right? It's the most reasonable explanation to me.

Then this morning Kate and I watched Matt online. He's the preacher at Grace in Cranberry (in PA. What what). That's Stac and Dave's church. And Katie's church when she lived there. Matt is awesome. We listened to the first series in a 5 week "GAMEPLAN" series. It was so good.

Go here to visit GRACE Church. Click on "Media" then "View More". Then you'll see the series entitled "Game Plan" and voila! Go listen. I think I'm going to listen to the rest.

We told Casey that we have absolutely no fun while he is gone. It's so true. We don't even know what fun really means. He's like the life of the party at this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment