About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Green Thumb

I think green thumbs are inherited. I get mine (or what little bit I have) from my momma. She is SO SMART. Not even kidding. She knows everything about everything (or lots of things), but she especially knows about some plants.

I think I'm learning. When I was in graduate school I had this tree/plant piece in my apartment. It's name was Harry Potter. I don't think I did very well with him. Maybe my first problem was naming him. After a whimsical fantasy fiction character. I was always afraid he didn't get enough water. So then I overwatered him. Mom has taught me more since then. And I think I'll be okay from here on out. I kept our plants alive in the summer and fall last year. And our Christmas tree survived! I know what you're thinking. How hard is it to keep a Christmas tree alive? You just water it. Well, friends, you have to remember to water it everyday. And we did it. It was pretty and smelled good. I think people should have Christmas trees year round.

I have to ask mom about soil and watering and sunlight and--goodness, so many other things I can't even remember. But she has all the answers. It's amazing. I would have felt so lost at Lowes without her last week. Casey knows about some tools, but Mom knows about some plants.

Between dad and mom and Katie and Casey, I have everything I need to know about everything. Right at my fingertips.

Anyhow, here are my pansies. Before:


And after:


The stuff in the middle will grow long and green and pretty when spring hits again. It's hibernating for the winter. Until then, we have the pretty purple pansies to look at!

Good job, right? Mom gave me the trowel (in photo number 1) as a present. Casey bought me the gardening gloves when we picked out the pansies (I was wearing them, that's why they aren't in the picture). I feel like a real live farmer.

I have a list of projects to complete around the house while Casey is gone. I usually like to hang out with him, so the projects sometimes get pushed. But here we go:
  • Put new plants in the pot out front - CHECK
  • Clean all the baseboards in the house- CHECK
  • Clean the front door column, front door frame, front door, and mail box (there's been some construction across the street so the it got real dingy looking...not okay)- CHECK
  • Clean fan blades and globes for the light bulbs- CHECK
  • Hang stuff in the garage- CHECK
  • Clean windows inside and out (even the ones covered by blinds)- CHECK
  • Add shelving and organize the garage- In Progress
  • Hang rose coat hooks (I'll take a pic when we get around to this. These are awesome.)
  • Touch up paint inside the house
I'm staying busy that's for sure. Hopefully Casey will be able to recognize our house when he drives down the street and comes home. It's a good thing Katie got us this super cool house placard.


Get it? It's our wedding date. It's this heavy duty, wrought iron sign--It's so awesome. And looks good too. We're for real homeowners with that sucker. If the new flowers and bright white column throws him off, the sign will help him find his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment