About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Dandelion Market

I had a hot date last night.

His name was Casey. I think we might go out again. There were sparks. Electric.

He took me to Dandelion Market. It's an awesome place. The ambiance and food was amazing. And it's uptown. So I felt kind of like a big deal. Pretty special. And I had on boots and a sparkly dress.

Here's the website.  Dandelion Market Charlotte. Take a little look-see. You need to go eat here. It's a small plate restaurant...like tapas. We love tapas.

The lighting is a little off  in the photos cause we were tucked in a corner with little lighting. It was perfect for dinner, but not ideal for pictures. But you'll get the idea.

Here's what we got:

Chicken Roulade (my pick)
herb goat cheese, cherry tomato, prosciutto 
(I totally did not know there was meat from a pig in there...makes me sad. Gross out. I will admit the roulade was delicious no matter.)




Stuffed Zucchini (my pick)
feta, grape tomatoes, smoked tomato sauce
(This was obviously my pick. If I could marry a vegetable, it would be a zucchini. Or a tomato. Or broccoli. Those are my favorites. And this little dish had two out of three. Not bad odds.)


Market Mac and Cheese (our pick)
three cheese blend, buttered bread crumbs, smoked pepper
(This was amazeballs. End of story. So amazeballs, that we dug in and forgot to take a picture.)

Grilled Steak Skewers (Casey's pick)
medium rare, sweet and spicy honey soy marinade
(This was hands down the best steak I have ever had. And I only had two bites. Bring on the Iron. 'Best-steak-ever' means alot cause Casey is basically a steak grill master. No lie. So that says alot about this steak here. AND he agreed with me.)




Shrimp and Grits (Casey's pick...all the way)
goat cheese, red pepper cream sauce
(They were like grit cakes. Strange. Looked pretty though. Casey had already started in on it here. I don't do shrimp. Or grits. So this was all him.)



They recommend that you order 3 items per person in your party. Then you can share them all. Seriously? No. Way. We ordered 5 between the two of us and that was way too much. We just wanted to try too many things...And he's a boy. Most boys eat more than girls. And we still had extra. Trust me. If you're ravenous, maybe throw in an extra dish. Or if you just want to taste everything on the menu. Then by all means, have at it.

I desperately wanted to order a mint chocolate martini. Sounds yummy, right? But I was afraid because what if I couldn't drink the whole thing by myself? Cause Casey doesn't do any type of chocolate-mint combo. Ever. And that means he wouldn't have been able to help me drink it. So I didn't get it, and it's a good thing because it would've put me over my limit since we wanted to try the different plate options. Next time though. Less food and add one martini, please.

Casey supported the local brewery and got an OMB (Old Mecklenburg Brewery beer). I'd like to give a shout out cause Casey says its great beer and my cousin Jon works there (he's kind of a big deal there). Go visit OMB when you have the chance. You can see it here Old Mecklenburg Brewery.

They do not have a dessert menu. If you want dessert, plan accordingly. Or just order the mint-chocolate martini. I have a sweet tooth, so I would've been all over that. Instead we were all over each other. Don't hate. (Actually we were full enough and the food was delicious enough that they don't even need a dessert menu). 

We were being silly and cute and staring at each other across the table and this is what went down.

Me: I could stare into your eyes my whole entire life.
Casey: I could stare into your eyes for all of eternity. 

He always has to one up me...or tries to. And that's okay. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment