About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Chicken 'n Dumplings


This is what we had for dinner on Friday night, ya'll.

The Chicken 'n Dumplings recipe is one of our Southern favorites. It's super easy and especially good when it's cold and rainy out like it was this weekend.

So here we go.

6 cups Chicken broth (College Inn brand: White Wine and Herb)
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (We just use the Harris Teeter pre-made roasted chickens, and it makes life SO EASY; if you pull the chicken off while it's still hot, it makes life even easier.)
16 oz mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, green beans, peas)
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups biscuit mix (Bisquick)
2/3 cup skim milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
thyme
rosemary
oregano
italian seasoning
2 tablespoons parsley




In small bowl, stir biscuit mix and milk until just combined. Set aside.

In a medium pot, combine stock, thyme, salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, italian seasoning, and bring to a boil. In a small dish, whisk flour with water, and stir into chicken stock. Add chicken and mixed vegetables. Using a tablespoon drop dumpling batter into boiling stock.



Casey is THE BEST dumpling maker in town. Legit. He moves with swiftness and a purpose (see below).


Reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.


Cover and cook an additional 10 minutes. 



Garnish each serving with fresh parsley.


It's super hot, so blow it cool enough to ENJOY!


Drink with wine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment