About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Letters to Casey (Week 0)

My babe is going to be gone for 6 whole weeks. I know to some people that's nothing, but I've never been more than 1 week without talking to him and have never been more than 17 days without seeing him. So this is new to me. Especially now that we live together, and I'm used to seeing him every single day of my life. 


Since he's off in Alabama training to be an officer, I've been sitting at home twiddling my thumbs and missing my handsome man. I am proud of him though, and while parts of it will be frustrating and tiring, he also gets to do boy stuff. Be an adventurer. For that, I am happy. What man doesn't want to go into the woods and shoot guns and navigate and build stuff and use big equipment and not have to shower, and get yelled at? Okay, so nobody likes getting yelled at, they do take showers, and he has classes to go to also (10 textbooks...for 6 weeks. Unbelievable.) so he's not in the woods for 6 weeks camping out or anything and drinking whiskey by the camp fire. Although, I'm sure he'd prefer that.


Anyways, since I can't talk to him everyday or touch his beautiful face, I've decided to write him letters.


Casey,

It's raining cats and dogs here. Not bulldogs though. Everything but bulldogs. Otherwise, I'd run all over trying to catch them and take them home with me. But really, the rain just makes me want to get back in bed! With you. But, I guess even if you were here, we'd both still have to go to work on a day like today no matter. A girl can dream though, right?

Since you can't check the blog while your gone, I've been dying to tell you! Kate and I went to Concord Mills on Saturday after the gym and after you left, and we went just to walk around, but I found a beautiful dress. You'll love it. I'm going to wear it to the dinner/awards ceremony/party at your graduation. It's so classy and sophisticated, but H-O-T. I know you said you'd give me money cause you wanted me to be able to get a new dress for the occasion, but I insisted I had plenty and you didn't have to do that. You're so sweet though. You really are the best. (Any ladies who think your husband is the best? You're just wrong. Flat out wrong.) Well, this one was marked down a billion percent. I'm not even kidding. Not even a little bit. So as it turns out, I do have a new dress. The Limited basically gave it to me. Anyways, you're going to love it. We may not even make it to the dinner. Just sayin...

AND, get this! Kate said it makes my boobs look smaller. YIPPEE! Don't worry it still looks like I have some. I have plenty where that comes from.

So that's one surprise for you. I also have 2 others so far for when you get back to NC. And you've only been gone 2 days. Can you imagine how many surprises you'll have when you get home?!?

Well I miss you like crazy. I officially cannot talk to you for two weeks now.

Life is so strange without you. Now you're gone. Poof! But I'm proud of you, and you're a great leader so I know you're doing well. And I know you'll smash those PT tests. What-what!

Just look at the picture of us that you took with you whenever you miss me and pretend I'm there :) Kinda hard to do I know...I feel the same way. The bed is ridiculously roomy without you. I don't like it. I stay cold without you to snuggle up to and keep me warm. I have no one to talk to as I fall asleep either. I'm considering just starting to talk to myself at night.

Kate and I watched a movie last night at the house. It was not fun at all. Cause we do not have any fun at all without you. Natch. I miss movies with you. I miss cuddling with you on the couch. I miss having to be secretive when checking my email so you don't find out what your awesome anniversary present is. I miss sharing a giant bottle of sparkling water with you. I miss your pretty brown eyes. I miss putting toothpaste on your toothbrush when I put toothpaste on mine. I especially miss waking up next to you and having a reason to press snooze at least once.

Anyways, when mean people yell at you and tell you you're not doing things right when it's actually perfect (Cause you are. Perfect, I mean.) then you remember this verse:

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
                               --- Isaiah 41:10 

I know it'll be frustrating at times, but it'll all be worth it, and you're not alone. And even though I desperately wish you were here, I'm glad you're there, working towards something you've wanted for a long time.

I love you as big as the world,

O.A.O.

No comments:

Post a Comment