About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankfulness

Thankfulness: gratitude; a positive emotion or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or will receive.

In some people you see thankfulness is very hard to come by. In others, you see it constantly. Mostly, you see it in people who get something back they thought they lost...love, abilities, things, etc. Other times, it takes a holiday to remind people to appreciate things and think about what they are thankful for. Why can't we be thankful everyday? Is that too much to ask? It seems like the world is just too full of busy these days.

I'm thankful for so many things.

My job, my husband, my family, my house, the ability to run (even when I'm hurt), freedom, happiness, joy, memories, apples, time, the puppy we have yet to get, coffee with peppermint mocha creamer. And so many other things. Really, everything. Cause none of us really deserve any of the things we are given. Only by grace do we even have this life. That's another thing I'm thankful for: Grace.

Casey and I have two thanksgivings to go to this year. I'm a little overwhelmed by the thought to be honest. That's a lot of food. And yeah, I get it, don't eat it all. That's a given. Just seeing it scares me! I don't even eat anymore at Thanksgiving than I usually eat. So I really don't know why.

Things I am super excited about making an appearance though:

Homemade applesauce
Turkey
Sweet Potato Casserole (LOVE! come on...ONCE a year...live a little)

And I don't even have cute clothes picked out yet. Sigh.

Okay, off to the gym so we can have two delicious Thanksgivings!

Oh, I'm also thankful for turkeys and days off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment