About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Saturday, November 5

This day was Casey's birthday!!I got him a cool balloon and hung a happy birthday sign in the kitchen and woke him up on Saturday morning to the sound of my sweet, angelic voice singing him Happy Birthday. What more could a guy want?

Then I made him coffee and french toast with strawberries...and sugar free syrup...this was an adjustment for him when we got married, but one that was easy. I promise the SF syrup tastes way better than the thick, sugary real stuff. Promise. I tried to turn on sports center for him, but I couldn't find it for the life of me, so I gave him the remote and told him sports center was what was supposed to be on TV and brought in french toast with strawberries and candles. He made a wish. I'm not sure what it was, but I'm dying to know and see if it will come true.

We ate our lovely breakfast, and he had presents thrown at him by myself and Katie. The most awesome thing I got him was a Nook (p.s. I was thrilled at how much he genuinely loved it. I knew he would like it, but he loves it, and this makes me so happy). He had to go to guard this past weekend (bummer for not being able to spend his birthday together), so then he left for the day. I was sad, but got the house cleaned, laundry done, workout done, and his bday dessert made! Woot woot. Only with the help of my fabulous assistant, Katie. Natch. (That means naturally. It's the newest abbreviate Katie and I spotted in reading a magazine. Just trying it out to see if I like it.)

Here's Casey with his set-up Saturday morning (please ignore the moustache...it's for Movember. But if you don't ignore it and want to donate to the cause, please go to the following link: http://us.movember.com/?ref=nf)



Katie and I slaved over some teeny tiny key limes which are a B to find anyways. The only place I know of their existence is the Fresh Market. So if you ever want to make truly fresh key lime pie, that's the only option I'm sure. It's like no other stores think people want to spend an hour squeezing key limes for their fingers to cramp in the claw position. Cross your fingers for a Fresh Market in your town. It's a pretty tedious endeavor, just the squeezing limes part. The rest is super easy. It turned out SO PRETTY! Homemade graham cracker crust, homemade filling, and homemade whipped cream. I should have my own cooking show. Anyhow, I'm convinced that restaurants who make "fresh, homemade" key lime pie--they cheat. They probably use key lime juice in a bottle. There is absolutely no way that they slave to squeeze key limes if they are producing more than one pie a day. So this is your warning, do not be fooled by them.

So Casey and I went on a walk in the beautiful fall weather Saturday afternoon, and had birthday pie and just cuddled. Mostly he held me cause I was thinking about Patch. He's so giving and special to just sit with me and expect nothing more on his birthday.

I forgot to take a picture of the whole pie, so here's a picture of what is left. Jelly?? You should be. It's only the second time I've ever made one for Casey. It makes it more special. And it's the first time I've ever tasted one. And the tart, sweet contrast was perfecto. If I was Italian, this is where I would bring my fingers together and kiss them in the air...do you know what I'm talking about?? I feel like Giada does it sometimes, so if you watch her on Food Network, you can say it's because you're looking for this. Men (although I'm sure no men read this), now you have an excuse to watch Giada other than the fact that she's hot. Seriously, I read in a mag the other day that she is Food Network's sex symbol...really? I mean she's a cute, vivacious little thing, but a food show sex symbol? Beyond me...

So here's a picture of the rest of the pie.



And here's Casey's cute little card that I gave him. Notice the little words that spring out of the front! It says "I'm crazy about you". Cause I am. Crazy about him.



Anyways, I love him to pieces. And below is a list of 28 things I love. There's so many more, but he turned 28 so I had to limit myself. Good thing we'll have so many more years together so I can add to the list each year.

28th bday:

Casey, 2 years ago, I gave you a list of all the reasons why I love you. Now here is a list of the things I love about you and why I am so in love with you…

1. The way your eyes crinkle and sparkle when you laugh and smile
2. The way you hold me and don’t want to let me go when the alarm goes off in the morning
3. The way you try to like the silly shows I like on tv and then get into them
4. The way your tongue pops out of your mouth when you’re concentrating or working really hard
5. The way you help around the house: making the bed, cleaning, taking out trash, doing dishes, anything to help me
6. The way you hug me tight when I’m frustrated or sad or upset
7. The way you hug me tight when I’m happy
8. The way you hold my hand and sneak in kisses…your touch in general
9. The way you drive when we’re together cause I HATE driving and cars
10. The way you are so handsome and cute and don’t even have to try…you just are, and you're mine
11. The way you look at me
12. Your priceless expressions
13. Your sense of humor…you ALWAYS makes me laugh…and when you think I’m funny too
14. The way you always tells me I’m beautiful even when I don’t feel like I am...
15. The way you love my family…just as much as I do
16. How you always tells me how much you love me
17. The way you tell me you appreciate me and your respect for me
18. You're not afraid to say sorry…you're one of the most humble men I know
19. When you run with me even on the days you don’t feel like it
20. When you cook when you know I’ve had a long day or even just because
21. Your willingness and generosity and desire to put me first
22. Your longing to make our marriage always better
23. You are a wonderful communicator and the way you talk to me…about anything and everything
24. You don’t ever raise your voice at me
25. You don’t walk away from struggles or problems, but instead face them head on…with me
26. The way you hold my fragile heart so gently
27. Because of the man you have become, the husband you are, and the father you want to be
28. Because you're so special, every day should be your birthday, and who could help but to love you?

No comments:

Post a Comment