About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Oh my good gracious

I really am not a fan of when people put up pictures of their meals, snacks, desserts, and latest creations on FB. I don't know why. I really don't. So I resisted, but then gave in on blogging about the two fabulous items below.

Okay, so there's two desserts that I just love.

The first (thankfully) I cannot have anytime I want. I have to pay to go on a cruise to get it. Specifically a Carnival Cruise. It's called Chocolate Melting Cake. It's glorious.

On our honeymoon, I had one every night. When it's one of the few things you splurge on on the ship, then it's totally cancelled out by taking the stairs EVERYWHERE and the standard daily run. So it's really not an issue. But look at this thing:



Casey found a recipe for said Chocolate Melting Cake. The same recipe Carnival uses. I haven't tried it yet. Merely because I haven't had occasion to make it and what if it doesn't turn out right? Horrors. And partly because I want to save the enjoyment for cruising. My mindset may change when we stop going on annual cruises.

Here's their not-so-secret recipe:

http://www.examiner.com/cruise-ships-in-charlotte/carnival-cruises-warm-chocolate-melting-cake-secret-recipe-revealed

The second is cookie cake. You know the kind the Harris Teeter bakery makes? YUM. It's so soft, but firm enough to not fall apart which is way fun. And not super super sweet. And it can still be decorated like a regular cake. And sometimes, if you catch them at the right time, they are on sale for $3 off. We do this for some birthdays or a graduation or a new baby or something along those lines. With a scoop of fro yo, it's delish. Anyways, someone I went to high school with posted this on FB. Take a look. It looks amazing! But really rich actually. So I'm not sure about it. But take a look anyways. It looks fun to make too! If you decide to try it, please give me a full review.

Here it is (I think my eyes got really big when I saw it):



And see the recipe here:

http://www.sophistimom.com/one-pan-skillet-cookie

Happy baking!!

**I'd like to apologize that I still have not figured out how to do clickable links. Sigh. I need to take a techie class or some shizz.

No comments:

Post a Comment