About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Monday, November 21, 2011

OCC in the House

Katie, Casey, and I put together two Operation Christmas Child boxes. We decided the hardest to pick things out for would be boy 10-14 years old. So that's what we chose. Up for the challenge. I certainly don't know what a 10-14 year old boy likes. And Casey doesn't even know. Growing up in these grief-stricken countries where luxuries don't exist is not exactly the same as growing up in America. And it's tough because they don't exactly envy each other for video games and fancy-pants-clothes and being allowed to have pizza for dinner. They get excited about the little things. Being given something. Or anything for that matter. Even just a box in pretty Christmas paper, not to mention what's inside.

So, we had some fun. We went to Wal-Mart and picked out some pret-ty awesome things. It's so fun to get stuff for other people. I wish we had a million boxes we could fill. And the shoe boxes just never seem big enough. I'm going to have to start buying some thigh high boots every year just to have a bigger box for our OCC peeps. I took some pictures of the stash below:







I hope they think we're cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment