About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Broken

I know most of you will laugh at me when I say this, but I wouldn't say it if I didn't truly believe it. I. FEEL. SO. OLD.

Seriously, in the last couple years, I've felt wayyyy older than I am. My knees hurt when I stand up, my joints crack, my back hurts after a hard run, bike, or weight session, even my toes hurt. Let alone my accident prone self and all the "self-inflicted" injuries, my joints and bones just aren't what they used to be. This includes fractures, broken bones, torn cartilage, surgeries, stitches. The works. If I were a pizza, I would be a supreme. Everything. All right here. Sometimes I just shake my head at myself...sometimes I can come up with no other word to describe myself but a mess. I even have borderline high cholesterol. I'm so ashamed! I'm 28! It runs in the family, but it still freaks me out. Even more because that means, I can't a whole lot about it. Especially cause I already eat healthy and exercise. Check. And check.

I don't know what it's from, but what I do know is that it's dejecting. It's frustrating. And honestly, it drives me to do more. More! More? How does that even help?

If I feel this way at 28, what in the world am I going to feel like at 58? I just cannot even fathom. Will I even be able to walk? Am I going to be able to play with my kids? Or even see them? This isn't dramatic, is it?

Here are the precautions I've adopted or considered in effort to combat the woes:

Vit D supplement
Multivitamin supplement
Calcium supplement
Yoga
Foam Rolling
Stretching
Sadly less running (More recovery time...insert more cross training here.)
Contemplating a conversion to Vegan lifestyle (I'm not sure I could actually do it though. But I do contemplate.)
Increased fiber (upped the fruits and veggie consumption)
Increased water
Increased coffee (I've heard it fights cancer. And I love coffee. Win-win...Right?)
More flossing

So with all these changes, I expect to be health as a horse in about 8 months. And to stay that way. Deal?

(I just picked 8 months cause it sounded good.)

I would like to close by saying that I am absolutely more than thankful for the health I do have and my abilities and passions. I do not take any of it for granted. I do get a little frustrated at the things I can't fix, but no one is perfect, right? It's okay to complain just a tiny little bit, huh? You know, venting...while it may not seem so, I know that I am beyond blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment