About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My week at a glance.

So I'm sitting here at work wondering how to begin this blog.

Then Casey texts me to ask me how my day is, and I've decided that the text I sent him in response pretty much sums up my week.

I'm sitting here at my desk shivering in a boot, my glasses, and khaki pants with zone bar "chocolate" flakes melted into them and water dripped on them. I look like I went to the bathroom in my pants.

Yes, this is my week. Disastrous. Everyone tells me it could be worse, and yes, I totally get that, but it seems like life is unraveling right now. One thing after the other. And when it feels like the world is against you (cause it is, right?) then it's always the close sequence of the smallest things that make everything worse.

So Monday, I took off work to go to the doctor and hang out with Patch. I love Patch. But I had to go to the doctor. I hate going to the doctor.

Then yesterday, I had to go to the dentist. Usually I love the dentist. But not this time. I had two cavities. I'm SO embarrassed. The dentist said it wasn't my fault. It's the way my teeth are shaped in those 2 specific teeth that I just couldn't get to it no matter how much I brushed. This was depressing for three reasons. I love brushing my teeth. I always do it, and sometimes too much. I feel like I failed in my dental hygiene. I HATE failure. Secondly, the money. They are so expensive. Casey and I had just ironed out our plan for paying off his school loans and the furniture upstairs, and I felt so good about it. And BAM. Nearly $400 for fillings. And the last day to sign up for dental insurance for the year? Yeah, that was last week. Yeah, I didn't sign up because my teeth are always so clean and right on. Fail. This is after the $184 I paid for just my check-up and exam. Sigh. Thirdly, for the time. I left work early yesterday for my cleaning. And now I have to leave early today to go back.

So, yesterday, I also noticed excessive swelling in my right foot. And by right, I mean left foot. My left foot. I've been fighting a stress reaction. My athletic trainer says this is the step before a stress fracture. So we have to nip in the bud before it gets any worse. I've been taping and wrapping and cross training. I haven't even run since last, last Saturday and it's killing me. And a couple weeks ago I banished myself to the elliptical. None of it is helping. So I pushed on the swelling in my foot and it left an imprint of my finger. Like Gak. Do you remember Gak? I have a Gak foot. So I told myself I HAVE to start wearing my walking boot. So here I am today. In my boot. I will only take it off to go to the gym (and not run) and to sleep. It only hurts to push on my third and fourth metatarsals--not to walk or run or jump or skip. This makes it soooo much more tempting to run too. I'm pretty down in the dumps about this.

And finally, remember my eye problems from a little bit ago?? Yeah, that's back too. I looked in the mirror yesterday, and it appears my eye has been taken over by the devil. It's red as red can be. Same old story. So here I am in my glasses.

I can't see, I can't walk, I can't brush my teeth right, I can't even keep the water from my water bottle in my mouth.

This is only the the tip of the iceburg, but I'll stop here. I don't want to complain too terribly much. I'm just frustrated. Discouraged. Upset. And it's ONLY Wednesday. Some days I just want to give up. What if I quit exercising everyday? And let my teeth fall out? And wore dirty clothes? That'd be okay, right?

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I don't think I could ever do any of those things...

No comments:

Post a Comment