About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Follow-Up

I mentioned money yesterday. And also that Casey and I did not win the lottery.

It's funny though cause just last week we were talking about what we would do with all our winnings if we hypothetically bought a  Power Ball ticket and happened to win. Even if they taxed us and took over half the winnings, we'd still be sitting pretty. We had seen a billboard advertising the Power Ball jackpot on the way to his parents house on Christmas Eve. Every now and then we talk about what we'd do with our money if we happened upon a large sum of money.

1. Give money to each of our brothers and sisters for their future kids to have a college fund.
2. Pay off his parent's house.
3. Pay off my parent's mountain cabin.
4. Pay off our house.
5. Maybe buy a small place at the beach.
6. Set aside money for our (future) kids to go to college.
7. Give a HUGE chunk of money to the humane society (my heart breaks for animals mistreated and without homes).
8. We have a list of different things people can do every day for a money to donate to different organizations (Kate and I found it in a magazine and want to start working on all the things on the list), so we'd donate to each organization of the month...every month. It's amazing the impact of a small donation.
9. Give lots of money to our church.
10. Go on a couple missions trips.
11. Buy people meals at Thanksgiving and families presents at Christmas.
12. Sponsor a couple families through World Vision.
13. Send our families on a couple vacays.
14. I told Casey I would want to make tons and tons of sandwiches for the homeless shelter every week.
15. Send ourselves on a couple vacays...some places we've always wanted to go.
16. Save LOTS.
17. Casey's always wanted a boat. I'd buy him a boat.
18. And some guns and a bow to add to his collection.
19. And a piece of land to hunt on.
20. And the Tag Hauer watch he's been eyeing for years, but that we're convinced we could never afford.
21. Maybe buy something fancy or go to an extra movie a month.
22. Even start in on a bucket list...skydiving, ride camels, that kind of thing.

We have lots of ideas :) We want to help people. We don't want to keep it all. We don't want to spend it all. We don't want a huge house. We don't want flashy things. Maybe a new fun dress and some new pairs of pretty shoes. Maybe some wheels a bit more reliable than what we both have (since both of our vehicles are over 10 years old. But hey, they still work, and we can still afford gas!). Nothing fancy. Just a newer version of my cute little Honda CRV. That's all.

Maybe it's time to go splurge on that lottery ticket...


No comments:

Post a Comment