About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Deck The Halls

In my world, the day after Thanksgiving is permission to decorate for Christmas. No Christmas music or wrapping or decorating or whatev before Thanksgiving though.

The day after Thanksgiving, I let myself notice the decorated street lights and neighborhood entrances, turn the radio to 102.9, and break out the cinnamon scented pine cones and Mistletoe Car Jar.

So of course the day after Thanksgiving, we also bought our wreath, put lights on the tree in the yard (yes, our one tree), decorated the house, made some Vanilla Nut holiday special blend Dunkin coffee, and I started wrapping presents.

We lit our Christmas candles, played some Tony Bennett and Mariah Carey Christmas music, and drank coffee from our adorable Christmas mugs. From Starbucks. Not a fan of Starbucks coffee, big fan of Starbucks paraphernalia. It's always so cute. Thinking of getting a little Starbucks cup Christmas ornament for our tree. Cause I do like their Skinny Vanilla Lattes. Yum. Just not their coffee blends (barf). Someone at the Starbucks plant needs to go back to coffee-bean-roasting-school.

Here's our wreath. Decorated by yours truly (and her assistant Katie):



Here are the cute mugs:





I told Casey it looked like the silhouette of him and the lab he wants one day. I thought that way it'd be cooler for him to drink out of it.

Here are all the presents: (!)

Sorry it was dark in the room when I took the picture.

We are waiting to get our little Christmas tree cause we want a real one and will be out of town for a week in early December. We don't want it to kick the bucket without water while we are gone. Unfortunately, we won't have our tree until December 14th. Then we will decorate with our 9 little ornaments. I cannot wait! It will be in that corner where the presents are. Yay.

And then we went to a Christmas party for Casey's guard unit on Saturday. I made red velvet cake balls and craisin-white chocolate chip oatmeal bars to take. I took a picture as I was baking, but then totally slacked on  the finished product along with the cake ball pictures. They were adorable. Many apologies. I'm so new at this! (any recipes can be provided at request)

                                                             
                                    

                            
                                    (pre-oven stage...they look way better after baking!)

P.S. The cake balls could not have been completed without Kate. Thank you.

Casey said we can't watch Christmas movies until halfway through December though. When we can, the following will be on our list:

Christmas Vacation
Elf
Home Alone
How The Grinch Stole Christmas
and I think that's it.

Get out the popcorn and Christmas mugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment