About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

ASU Ice Hockey Days

So, I finally got to see the BRHC Championship video where ASU won the conference title (2009-2010 season). Last night. Two (going on three) years later.

I got a little teary. I miss the Sal Blair-Casey Krasen duo. NHL, what? The pros got nothin' on them. While the quality of the video was pretty close to terrible...I think my 3 year old nephew could've done a better job...it was an awesome game, and I was so proud.

I miss hockey games, I miss cheering, I miss the burst of pride whenever Casey would score a goal or skate flawlessly or speed to the puck and out-skate the other team (HA, take that, UNCC), I even miss getting back to my apartment at 4 am after a late hockey game across the state. For real though. He scores or body checks some guy or does some fancy pants footwork or stick handling. So you give the nod and smile to the other hockey moms and girlfriends like "Yeah, he's mine. And that just happened. And he's awesome. No big."

Here's a couple pics of my Hottie McTottie #22.





(Good gracious, that's a look of fierce determination.)

Anyhow it made me realize, not only how much I miss ASU Ice Hockey, but how much I miss ASU and the fact that hockey was one of my favorite things about going to school there.

So here is my list of top 5 favorite things about ASU:

1. Meeting my Casey
2. Graduating with my Masters
3. ASU Ice Hockey (this includes hockey players, hockey games, and, of course, hockey football tailgating)
4. Boone
5. Momma coming to visit me often during school to work on building the cabin in Deep Gap

I could totes live there one day. Dreamy sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment