About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day...

Did I get that right? You remember that book from when you were little, right? Now I want to go search the internet real quick. I'll be right back...

Okay, I'm here. This book:


Don't actually click to look inside. That was part of the image that I copied.

Anyhow, I feel like that's how my day was today. Unfortunately, it seems like I have these days once a month.

Since March just started, here's to hoping that this is my one time for March.

I have a corneal abrasion AGAIN (Casey didn't know exactly what he was getting into when he vowed "in sickness and in health" huh?). I know the exact symptoms now and can diagnose myself. I'm not even kidding. Extreme sensitivity to light, teary, red, pain (like sandpaper-slash-shards-of-glass-in-your-eye pain), blurred vision, sensitivity to focusing.

It's these terrible Acuvue Oasis contacts. Ever since I was prescribed them last December, I've had this happen every couple months. Thankfully I have some antibiotic drops leftover from last time I'm using. The last two times have been the worst. I'm done with these contacts after this. Eye appointment scheduled. Some trash tossing will happen. I refused to go before since I still have some unopened pairs. Contacts are so expensive. But I guess I'd rather dish on some new contacts than lose my eyeball. Sigh. This is me giving in. I've been wearing contacts since I was 14 and have never had the problems I've had in the last year with these Acuvue Oasis.  Consider this your warning: Do not let them suck you in.

I actually curled up under my desk, with my jacket as a pillow, to close my eyes and just be. Darkness and closed eyes is relief. Driving is killer on my eyes. When it's light out, the sun is brutal. When it's dark out, other cars' headlights coming at me or in my rear view mirror are blinding. I literally cannot keep my eyes open, they automatically start to close because of the pain it causes.

Aside from that, I dripped coffee on my white tank top. Yes, the tiny, little bit peeking out from under my purple sweater. Shout stick, where are you? And I dropped a tomato on my freshly washed and ironed pants. Portable tide pen?

That's not even the worst of it. Lately, (because of our super long days at work) I've been waking up earlier than the birds to come to work to run or bike then shower then I'm already at work sans traffic. So I have to pack my little bag for work. Well, today, today I forgot a bra. One of the most important necessities in a girl's wardrobe if she has any God given extras is a bra. It's funny (not funny-ha-ha, but funny-ironic) because last night I was packing my bag, and I told Casey that I better go iron my pants so I don't forget to add them to my bag. I said it would be the most terrible thing to not have any pants. WRONG. A bra is probably the most terrible thing to forget. Especially since I don't exactly have a set of A's on me. I totally ate my words. What's funnier is that last night when I took it off, I said to myself, "Do not forget to put this in your bag...that's why you're taking it off right now because if you don't, you'll put it right back in your drawer at bedtime." I should've just packed a different one when I was getting all my things ready for work today, but no, I apparently had to have that one. The one that is still sitting in my drawer at home right now.

I've forgotten socks before. A sports bra. Underwear. A camisole to go under a shirt (thankfully, not a completely sheer one). But never a bra. Honestly, I'm kinda surprised, I guess.

I was devastated. I wore my jacket all over until I could go out and buy one. Remember how painful driving is? Yeah, I basically drove to Carolina Mall with my eyes closed.

Who knew Kannapolis would have a Victoria's Secret though? Thank you! I've been meaning to get another from VS anyhow...not exactly in this month's budget.  Oh well, I guess it is now! Thank you for VS-bra-fitting-consultant for helping me find the perfect one months and months ago. I marched right in and said exactly what I want. Style. Size. Color. They had one left. One. Again, thank you, God.

On the bright side, I feel like a million bucks. Except for my eye, of course. There is nothing like a new bra!

Thank you, God, for the last dark nude Dream Angels Demi Lace bra in a 30-something-something-something. Thank you, God, for prompting me to bring my jacket to work today. Thank you, God, for no scheduled meetings today (one of the only days all week). Thank you, God, for Victoria's Secret. Thank you, God, for extra money this month to allow me to purchase this. Thank you, God, for watching over my car as I drove blindly to the mall.

Oh, and thank you, thank you for leftover Cipro Eye Drops that have not expired. Yay.

Thank you, God, for the not so fabulous days, to remind me to be thankful for the good days.

Despite all the troubles today, thank you, God, for being God and for knowing exactly what I can handle.

I Corinthians 10:13 


No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment