About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm a self-professed animal lover. All animals, but more specifically dogs. My heart breaks for those without a home and for wondering if I'll be a good mom for our puppies (I was nesting yesterday by the way) and if people are good to their dogs and worrying when I see dogs trouncing around outside with cars around and no leash or owners near by or when I see dogs with matted fur and who look like they need a meal or news stories of puppy mills. I'm fully aware that that was a terrible run on sentence, but that's how it goes in my mind. Total stream of consciousness.  It really all makes my heart hurt. When we picked out our precious girls, I was even worried over choosing Brooks and Boone because I was afraid the other puppies there wouldn't end up with a home or a good home. I wanted them all!

Casey now knows better than to point out stray dogs and now turns the sad puppy commercials and news stories, or I'll go off for at least ten or twenty minutes about how worried I am. And then I'll usually randomly bring it up later.

Wednesday morning he was driving me to work (cause he's so awesome and sweet). He had picked me up Tuesday night from work after my eye episode because it's difficult to see in the sunlight and to focus. Painful to the point where I can't even keep my eyes open. That doesn't exactly bode well for driving. So Wednesday morning, he was driving me to work in the early morning hours when it was still dark. We saw a dog race across the street. Noooooooooo. What in the world?

So, Casey hurriedly says "I bet that dog is just out having a good time. He lives around here. He probably thought, 'I'm staying out late tonight and I'm not going home.'" He made me laugh and made me feel better. Otherwise we surely would have been chasing that dog down.

I love Casey.

No comments:

Post a Comment