About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Compassion

This is Shabani Amani Shabani. He has AIDS. He lives in Tanzania (home to Mount Kilimanjaro). His birthday is December 31, 2004.

Casey and I have adopted him through Compassion International.

We wanted to adopt all of the kids. No joke. We absolutely did. Some of them have been waiting nearly a year for sponsorship. This breaks my heart into pieces.

But for now, we'll just start with one. And Shabani just "spoke" to us. What a precious little soul. I want to give him the biggest hug. And make him cookies and lemonade to have after soccer games with his friends.  They told us he likes soccer, playing with cars, and hide-and-seek. How cute!


We think his name sounds a little like Chobani. We like that.One of his chores for his family is to tote water.

When Compassion sent us the info packet on Shabani, they also sent a bookmark with his picture and a list of 31 things to pray for for him--one for each day of the month. I love that. His darling little picture is hanging on our fridge.

1 John 5:14
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us."

No comments:

Post a Comment