About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Beef with the Government

First of all, go USA!

Second of all, due to recent amendments and what not, I have this one little beef. A small soap box that I'm going to jump on for a second. I guess it's not necessarily with the government, but more with the LGBT movement.

Also, brief interjection (and for the record): HUGE thank to you all soldiers, servicemen, and military. You are awesome.

Way to go for equal rights, and I have no judgement with regards to the fact that I do believe people should have equal rights. I can't push my morals or beliefs onto anyone else, but I can still believe what I believe (and think that I'm right, right?). I put forth no judgement though. I get that LGBTs want to be treated equally, but they always say that their sexuality does not define them, just as the fact that I like boys (or this one boy in particular) does not define me.

So, I also don't think their sexual preferences should get them kicked out of the military...service is service, and I appreciate the sacrifices. But this whole recent thing with the repeal of the "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy is kind of a moot point. It's been done. What I hate is all the coverage and interviews with LGBT service members and people with all kinds of claims and recognition and "I'm so proud...I feel free..." blah, blah, blah. They are totally letting their sexuality define them in this. It's such a hypocritical move, and I'm kind of annoyed. But whatev. I know that's just the way it is, and I wanted to speak my piece.

I have more qualms with the government and whoever else than just that, but really, this isn't the time nor the place. And I'm a little bit ignorant on some issues, so who am I to start ranting and raving?

Okay. I feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment