About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Puppy Fever

Wow. Is it really already October 20th already? I'm flabbergasted. We decorated for Halloween last weekend...we have a small scarecrow and a tin pumpkin that looks cool. The lid opens. So we'll probably put the candy in it to hand out to all the little kiddies. I still can't believe it's almost the end of October though. And if I had a puppy, I'm sure we would find a cute pumpkin costume just the right size for her. Unfortunately, there's no puppy.

Last weekend Casey and I went shopping for puppy accessories. We're not getting a puppy soon. But my theory is this: if we gradually buy the items we need for a puppy then by the time we're ready for one, all we'll have left to buy is the puppy. WAY cheaper (and smarter) than getting the puppy and bringing the cute, cuddly bundle of joy home and then going to the pet store. I mean I guess it's not technically cheaper, but the cost is more spread out. I like to call this budgeting. Some people, including the guy checking us out (does that sound creepy to anyone else?...the guy ringing us up) at the pet store, just laugh at me, but it really makes perfect sense to me. Nevermind the fact that we want a bulldog and they cost over a grand anyways. I guess all the more reason to buy stuff ahead of time, huh? Whatev, it works for me. Except that now I just want a puppy that much more. I designed in my head, and ran the idea by Casey, how we would set up the puppy's play area in the house while we are gone and she can't go with either of us to work or the grocery store or something and Mom and Dad can't puppysit. I'm pretty sure he was on board with my plans. I've also been tossing around name ideas in my head all week. Casey told me he ordered part of my Christmas present yesterday, and my response was "You can order bulldogs online now?"

I'm intent on bringing the little girl to work with me...I'm not sure Dr. Nieman or my co-workers would agree. Or building management for that matter. Katie and Casey think I wouldn't get any work done cause I'd be playing with my puppy all day. I don't know, I feel like I'm pretty responsible and can juggle things and get my priorities straight. They're probably right though. I love puppies way more than I like computers.

I definitely have puppy fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment