About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

I love Christmas...

I'm pretty stoked about Christmas presents this year. You know when you find some good stuff and are so so excited to give it to people? That's me. This girl right here.

I just want to splat the list of gifts on this page, but I can't or it'll give all my secrets away. But I'm done with Christmas shopping!! Woot woot. I'm so relieved. I mean, I actually still have 3 more items to purchase, but I know what they are going to be. I just don't have any time to get to the stores I need to. So in my mind, I'm done. According to my bank account, I'm not done. But I will be in the next 2 weeks. I'm sure of it.

I love Christmas. I do. I love what it's about (the real reason) and the things and feelings associated with it. I love Christmas mugs and decorating the tree and chillier weather (chilly...not freezing) and wearing down slippers and eating soup and watching Home Alone and Elf and wearing a scarf and seeing the lights at neighborhood entrances and on houses. What I don't like is when Hallmark prematurely takes out my all-time fav line of greeting cards (namely for birthdays) in order to put in the Christmas card stock. Seriously? It was September when this happened to me. Is it too much to ask to be able to buy a couple of my favorite birthday cards? I was even being Polly Planner getting them 2 months early. But since Christmas stuff is out 4 months early, I guess I'll have to start card shopping for the entire year circa January-February. Note to self.

I guess, really, I can't complain can I?...considering I've started my Christmas 4 months early by doing all my shopping...I am justifying that with the argument that I'm budgeting and planning. Who actually buys Christmas cards 4 months early? Show of hands? I didn't think so...let's just say I've got a knuckle sandwich and roundhouse kick all ready for somebody at Hallmark.

**I know this post is really early, but apparently the world is ready for Christmas by September, so "early" is relative...

No comments:

Post a Comment