About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Friday, October 21, 2011

TGIF

You know how when you're a kid and the school week feels SO exhausting and you can't wait for the weekend to come? Remember TGIF? Yeah, seriously. AWESOME.

Well, it's funny how I express the same sentiment if not even more thrill at the prospect of a weekend. Oh I love my weekends. Hi, my name is Pam. I'm 28. And I'm addicted to weekends.

I tell you what. As a kid, a work day looks so easy. You know, no homework, no tests, what could possibly go wrong? I'll let you kids in on a little secret: work is tiring! And then it's not even just the idea that I have a real, live job, but as an adult, there's so many other responsibilities too. Who knew?

So now, weekends just make me so happy. Even if I still have chores to do and errands to run. Even if means going out of town and driving all over Charlotte or the east coast. It also means that I get to spend time with my fabulous family and spend more time with my amazing hubby. I get to see Patch. I maybe get to go to a movie or the mountains or random weekends away. I get to see my friends. We get to make a little nicer dinner. I get to sneak in my secret show (yes, I'm still into "Say Yes to the Dress"). I get to enjoy a long run. I get to sleep in, even if just for an extra hour. I get to lay in bed cuddled next to Casey in the morning instead of jumping (or rolling) out of bed at the sound of my alarm during the week. I get to have a life that I don't really have time for during the work week.

I wonder if kids will every learn how awesome it is that their only real responsibility is to be a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment