About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Art

I like art. I like creativity. I'm not particularly good at drawing amazing figures or scenes, but I do like to draw and use colors. I wish I could paint better or have more skill with a pencil, but maybe God's saving that talent for me in heaven.

There is an art though that I feel like I can handle...an art to marriage--to "doing it right". Sometimes I feel like "doing it right" these days is even just staying together and communicating and loving. I KNOW! Those three things sound so simple. But apparently, in this world and this era, it is much more difficult than it sounds.

We are newlyweds, yes. So I'm sure everyone would say it's easy right now cause we are so in love. Spoiler alert: it's not always easy. So, to combat conflict and struggle, we are try to learn continuously so that in those moments or days or weeks when it's not easy, we can continue to support, respect, and deeply love the other.

I do love my husband. FOR. SO. MANY. REASONS. And here's just one example of how he sees US as important, and I know he kinda likes me back. So there's this marriage conference coming to town (to our church, actually! How convenient!), and it is the same weekend as the Homecoming football game at App that Casey has been looking forward to for a couple of months. We found out about "The Art of Marriage" conference last night, and he suggested we attend the conference instead of going to the football game, reasoning that we would spend less money on the conference than going to Boone anyhow. And, we can go to a football game anytime. What a man! My heart just melted to be reassured that he values us so much.

Even though we could rationalize that we don't need any help and $49 is money we could use for groceries or a tank of gas, that would be silly. Our marriage is an investment. An investment much bigger than a car or a house...committing to our marriage is the biggest investment we'll ever make. I love him for wanting to go, for wanting to make our marriage the best it can be, for always being on board to learn, for reading when I excitedly find a cool new book for us.

So I'm sure we won't learn the art to marriage in one weekend, but we'll continue to instill foundations and learn to implement creativity and uniqueness (art!) and how to appreciate that in each other. Sigh. He's the best. He always thinks of me. Thinks of us. And I love him for that.

The way we fit together is kinda perfect.

P.S. Go Mountaineers! He's just happy it's conveniently over by 3 pm on Saturday for the Gators game...I knew football would make its appearance somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment