About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A List-Making Machine

So, we've just planned our next cruise. Not only do I love planning, I love organization, and I especially love love love lists. I make packing lists like nobody's business.

I think I drew the layout of each room in our house and drew little tiny pieces of furniture at least 5 times. This was before we even closed on the house.

I drew the layout of our wedding reception on a giant piece of posterboard with a list of each thing that went on each table and where it should be placed.

I make spreadsheets like its my job. Finances, present ideas for people, grocery lists, packing lists, to do lists, dinner ideas. When I don't have a computer, I use post-its. I think I might even makes lists of lists I have to make.

It's kinda to the point where some people think I'm obsessed and other people just laugh at me and shake their heads. But, if you ask me, there's no feeling like that of crossing something off a list. Talk about accomplishment! I mean it rivals crossing the finish line of a race with a PR. Well, probably not even close, but it's high on the LIST. hahaha. That was totally unintentional.

I have lists of things I want to do in life. A list of things to fix in the house right now. And when I make packing lists, they are serious. It's not the typical tshirts, shorts, shoes, blah, blah, blah. That's for amateurs. And a little embarrassing to even call yourself a list-maker. Wow...I'm talking specifics. What shirt, what shorts, what shoes, what jewelry. Jeans? No. Which kind of jeans? It changes the whole ensemble. Even my running clothes. Purple shorts, black nike tank, white socks, black sports bra, running shoes. You get the picture. It's kind of a big deal to me. And it's really quite contagious. Even people close to me, who shall go nameless, have started making packing lists. Now you might think it's just easier to pack and be done rather than make a list. This is not the case when you start packing a month out...or 6 months out. Get with the program.

Organization, planning, and lists are a small addiction of mine. And that's okay with me. It's whatever keeps stress at bay and makes me feel on top of things. I like control and perfection, so if I have a list I'm less likely to make mistakes or forget things (right? Just agree or I'll stress out), meaning I'm happy and I like to think I can keep other people happy that way.

So because we've planned our next cruise, I better go so I can start my packing list and pull my suitcase out when I get home today. December will be here before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment