About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Bad Apple

I think one of the worst things ever is bad fruit. I mean, for something so delicious and delectable to automatically, and without any ability to stop it, put a funny look on your face. I had a bad apple at work the other day, and I just cannot stop thinking about it. I'm sure to you it may not seem like a big deal, but it is. I mean, it probably cost a whole dollar! Actually it cost more than that...it cost me my enjoyment (unbelievable) and my lunch.

Not only does this happen at work, but at the beach too...vacation of all places. Mind you, I was only there for 3 days, and I had TWO apples that I took one bite and had to spit them out. They were even two different kinds of apples from two different stores. Isn't this apple season? What is going on! It's a fruit conspiracy. Actually, I feel like apple season is year round depending on what kind of apple you're hunting for. So, technically, you should not go wrong in apple shopping.

I mean, you cut open a peach, and the pit falls out and is all gross. You put a piece of watermelon in your mouth, and it's slimy. You peel a banana and it's bruised all over like it got in a fight. You take your apple you bought earlier in the week to work, and go to eat it and the peel is wrinkly. Or you bite into it and it's not crisp and firm and juicy and flavorful...no, it's mushy. Or you buy some grapes at the store, and you get home and there's a spider web in the middles of the them (this is one of the most gross-out things ever to me...I can't even fathom how this happens...maybe it's not even a spider web, but it's how the grapes are telling you not to eat them cause they're old). Or you get to the middle of your carton of strawberries, and you find a mold-infested strawberry hiding in there. Or you pick out a perfect mango and wait a little too long to cut it, so it's not so perfect anymore (guilty--right here...this girl). I could go on and on, clearly. It's so beyond disappointing and disturbing to me cause fruit has this reputation of being refreshing and healthy. Its moments like these that give fruit a bad rap.

I know, I know. When I first mentioned each fruit--YUM. But then when I spoke about the potentially disgusting fate of each one, you probably get a funny look on your face too.

I hate when this happens. It's so disappointing. It is.

I don't want to be a bad apple either. I want to be as refreshing and invigorating as the first thought or taste of fresh fruit, not have the disgusting-factor of bad fruit. So I hope I'm uplifting to each of you. I don't want to be disappointing either. John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

On a final note, I was grocery shopping last night and visited each type of apple, examined the stock, even picked one up and put it in my cart, but by the end of my visit, it was back in its designated section. I just couldn't do it. Not after the last couple days at the beach. Maybe next time on the apples...and here's to hoping those strawberries I bought instead are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment