About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Monday, May 7, 2012

How to feel like a kid again when you're not.

Simple. You just eat like a kid.

Last night we had chicken nuggets, fries, and watermelon.

But we had a healthy, fancy, homemade adult version. Watermelon of course is just watermelon. Always delicious. So that speaks for itself.

What you'll need in the picture below (plus parmesan cheese and chicken and sweet potatoes):


I'll start with the roasted sweet potatoes (a.k.a. fries). These are so easy. Just clean and slice 2 sweet potatoes. Toss with olive oil, rosemary, teensy bit of salt, pepper, and garlic. Then spread them on a pan.


Bake at 400 degrees (preheated) for 25 minutes.


Then onto the chicken nuggets.

In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup italian seasoned breadcrumbs, teensy bit of salt, 1 T basil, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp oregano, and 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese. Melt the butter in a separate bowl (or I think I'll just use EVOO next time to make it healthier...but I didn't want to stray too much from the recipe the very first time). Get your chicken pieces ready (I cut up a little less than 1 pound of chicken tenderloins into two-bite-sized pieces).


Dip the chicken pieces in the melted butter, then coat with the breadcrumb-herb-parm mixture. Place in a single layer in a pan.


Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.


I made homemade honey mustard sauce for dipping too. Who doesn't love to dunk?

So you need 1/4 cup mayo. 3 T dijon mustard. 1/2 T lemon juice. 3 T honey. Whisk together.



Voila! The honey mustard is in the back (obvi). Then we have ketchup (front left) and BBQ sauce (front right) for dipping also. Those two were not homemade. (How do you even do that?...)


 Here's the final product. Yum! It was so good and so easy. And we felt like kids again. Gourmet chicken nuggets. Yes, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment