About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Anniversary Year 1

It's the paper anniversary. So I got Casey paper. Pictures. Then made into a photo album. Not just any pictures. Boudoir pictures. Ooh la la. Anyhow, you don't get to see the goods. He does. I can't tell you anymore about that.

We wanted to get away and just go somewhere for a couple days.

So we packed up the car and headed to Wrightsville Beach! Fun in the sun.

We took a picnic, compliments of Momma.

 Some wine, Irish cheese, grapes, strawberries, G2, water, Diet Dr P, and Sprite Zero. The beach gets hot!


A purple and a green cupcake (those were our wedding colors).


We stayed at the beach Sunday then headed to our bed and breakfast Casey found to shower and change for dinner.

We had wine before dinner. Casey said it was so he could get in my pants. JK JK JK.

We went to The George on the Riverwalk for dinner.

   

It was so relaxing and fancy-pants.


Casey outdid himself. It was on the river, and we got amazing seafood.


(This is what I had. Spinach salad with Blackened Mahi Mahi. The fish was A-Mazing.)


 (This is what Casey had. Shrimp and Grits.)


We stayed in Downtown Wilmington on the river at a cute little B&B called Camellia Cottage.

It was so fun. Here's part of our pretty room.



 

We had champagne after dinner to toast one year. It was delicious.


We got 9.5 hours of sleep. Oh-em-gee. That's unheard of for us these days.

This was our breakfast the next morning:

Blueberry Peach Cobbler
Spinach, Potato and Roasted Red Pepper Frittata
Corn Bread with Homemade Strawberry Jam
Assorted Fresh Fruit
Chocolate Crumb Cake w/Strawberries (they have dessert at breakfast there--WOAH!)

(And no, there was no way in heck, I could ever eat all that. So I didn't.)

Here's coffee that came to our door.


Then the next morning we wandered around downtown Wilmington in the shops along the river and just spent time together.

Wilmington is so dog friendly. Dogs everywhere! At dinner, in the Bed and Breakfast, in all the shops, going to work with their owners. Everywhere. I loved it. And it made us miss our girls so much more. We were telling everyone about them.

I found this wedding cake in a window I wished I'd had a year ago. Whitney totally could've done our cake like this. She was going to do whatever I asked! It would've been faded purple instead of pink though.


We found this street just for me. It had Port City Java on the corner. You better believe we got some coffee.


We found this cool wall. These cool walls and walkways are all over.



And this was a sign in a random jewelry store.


Then we found this shop. Called Doggie By Nature. It was basically a store just for dogs. And a dog bakery. Love. These are PB&J Pupcakes. 


This was the biscuit bar. 


We got the girls a Cheesy Chicken Biscuit, Pumpkin training treats, and a Pupcake. 




Without work, without the puppies, without the house, without computers, without dinner duties, without chores. Only with each other. It was so fantastic. Then we headed back home to get back to the grind.

We can't believe it's already been a year. It has flown, but it has been fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment