About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Stuffed Zucchini

A recipe blog! Long time, no write, you guys. My apologies! This recipe I discovered a couple months ago, and we LOVE it. Seriously. I kept meaning to blog about it but always forgot to take pictures until this past Monday night!

Stuffed Zucchini
serves 3

Ingredients:
3 zucchini
1/2 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
Seasoned Salt (we use Lawry's)
Italian Seasoning


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Trim the stems from zucchini and slice lengthwise.


Scoop out the seeds and put them into a bowl.


Mix the insides with meat, garlic, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese. Add seasoned salt and italian seasoning as desired.


Stuff the zucchini shells with the mixture and place in a sprayed 9x13 inch pan. We always have insides leftover, so what we do at our house is make baby zucchini meatballs that are ready sooner than the stuffed zucchini. Voila! A built-in appetizer! Or you can put them in the fridge for another time.


Pour sauce over the zucchini and cover the pan with foil.


Put the pan of meatballs and the foil-covered zucchini in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.

The meatballs should be done at this point--snack away--but the covered zucchini needs to cook an additional 15 minutes or until meat is cooked through (for a total of 45 minutes for the stuffed zucchini).
Remove the foil and cover with Mozzarella cheese. Cook until cheese is melted (we like to broil it to brown the cheese a bit).


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment