About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Progress



Progress with the baby!

I'm growing. 27 weeks--OMG. And quickly approaching the 3rd trimester. Yikes. Casey informed last night that we have exactly 92 days left. I better get this show on the road. We have our hospital tour scheduled for Tuesday night. As if I don't know what a maternity center in a hospital looks like, right? (Sister with 6 kids...) But I suppose I've never been with the perspective that I will be having a baby in there.

Actually here's a pic from last week! (Boone was posing too...Not fair cause she's so slim and trim in this pic)


Also, newsflash! My hair isn't this long anymore. I just got it cut.

So hopefully there will be more frequent and cuter bump pics now that my hair doesn't look like a bird's nest.


How far along: 27 weeks
Weight: +16 pounds (ew)
Cravings: Not really anything. Grape G2. Thirsty! Oh and a warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream.
What I miss: Running without peeing and aching.
What I'm looking forward to: Baby shower with awesome cake!!!! Maternity Pics!!!!!
What I'm not looking forward to: Getting so big I can't shave my legs myself. Does that really happen?
The size of the baby: A rutabaga. I don't even know what that is!...so I looked it up (see below).

Rutabagas.jpg

Interesting, right? My thoughts exactly...And really doesn't clue me in to how big this baby is. The rutabagas look significantly smaller than the canteloupe from my last update. So I'm not sure what's going on...He's definitely bigger though!

Also, we painted the nursery this weekend! We had two fantastic helpers. Once we get the rest of the furniture in there (we set up the crib on Sunday), I can start the decorating. I cannot wait. I think once the nursery is done, I'll feel more ready even though there's still a ton to do and to get and to learn. It's a process, and we've been making progress...I just can't believe Colton is only 3 months away!

Our supervisor:

Sleeping on the job:


Helping dad:


And the results of helping mom:

Guilty-As-Charged 

I was touching up the trim on Sunday, and the girls were helping me, and all of sudden Boone walks up behind with paint on her chop, chin, nose, lips, and toes. It was the cutest thing. As if she was confessing, "Mom, I was playing in the paint lid, I'm sorry. Will you clean me up now?" I couldn't resist a picture. Brooks got the dark blue paint on her toes on Saturday. For the most part they tiptoed around the plastic we had laid out and avoided all the paint, but as puppies, curiosity got the best of them twice. Otherwise, perfectly content to be where we were and play with their toys. I was impressed, really. Excellent helpers!

I love our girls. They are excited for Colton to get here. They told me.

Paint. Lowes. Valspar. Eggshell Finish. The lighter color (3 walls) is called Mystic Sea (it's like a light teal...we did not want baby blue). The darker color (1 wall) is called Filoli Dark Iris.

We love it!

More nursery updates and a grand finale tour to come as we get things all set up. 

Shout out to my Momma who's making the crib skirt. She's awesome. And it's going to look amazeballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment