About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Boy oh boy

First off, I feel like I have a ton to talk about. But I'll just start with one thing at a time.

Friday, September 7: Dr appointment to find out gender...but we didn't find out. Boo. We do have this cutie picture though.


Saturday, September 8: Suspense.

Sunday, September 9: Gender Reveal!

We had a very simple get together with our families and of course, Ashley. This was the simple set up: Some pink poofs, blue poofs, muddy buddies with pink m&ms and then a bowl with blue m&ms, some cheese and crackers, a fruit plate (with a yummy cream cheese dip!), and blue punch and pink punch!

Blue Poofs

Pink Poofs

The best blue and pink punch we could come up with. That ish is not easy.

Pink Muddy Buddies (L) and Blue Muddy Buddies (R)

Fruit!

Cheese. Crackers.


 And of course a wonderful surprise cake! Thank you, Katie Lamb! And Daphne's Simply Southern Bakery in Mint Hill. Pretty, huh?


 We also had some flowers and of course blue polka napkins pink damask napkins. Choose your colors accordingly!

Our legit reaction. Talk about a surprise. I thought it was a girl, and my whole family thought girl. I thought Casey and his family thought boy, but come to find out they all thought girl (just wanted boy!). So, basically we all thought it was going to be a girl. As soon as we cut into the cake, I thought I saw pink, so I didn't have much of a reaction...I'll have to include the video for your viewing pleasure. Then Casey, pulled up the piece of cake, and this is what went down. Complete shock! What do I do with a boy!

   


We were supposed to leave for our Babymoon Cruise the next day (post to come), so we went to Old Navy after everyone left to buy some boy clothes :) We found the most pimp shoes. I'm so stoked. Boy clothes can be cute too!!!!! Forget bubble skirts and rompers and rouching! Bring on the dirt and newsie hats and little tiny skinny jeans and sailboat and race car shirts!

The arrow is between his legs, pointing to his "turtle". That's what the ultrasound tech called it, and I kind of love the term. I think I'll just have to start using it.



A boy!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I've been dying for you to post about this. Boys are super fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to put a pic up of the cute onesie jersey you got him, but realized I don't have a pic! I was bummed. I can't remember who took that one...I need to go home and take a pic of it when I get one of his shoes!

      Delete