About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Through Rose Colored Glasses

No, I am not naive to what's going on in the world...I'm completely and utterly aware that the US is going down the tubes in 2 days or whatever the count is now because of our national debt. And I do not actually have rose-colored glasses (I don't want to look 80 years old), I actually have these super hip black rimmed glasses with a light teal/blue stripe in the black. Okay, so I totally did not do justice to them with that terrible description, but still.

The only problem with them is when I have to actually wear them. They're pretty to look at, but when I have to wear them, I have to resist from looking up, down, and using any peripheral vision, or I absolutely CANNOT see a thing. The world is one big blur. I mean mass murder could be going on beside me or above me and I'd have no idea (assuming all was silent and I couldn't turn my head either). This is a very dangerous situation.

And I don't even want to get into running. But I will. I mean, you run with glasses, and it's just a disaster cause you start to sweat, and they slide right down. And if you don't wear them, then how do you know where you're going? I mean are you even running on the sidewalk or are you headed for a line full or cars going 55 and about to pancake you? Are you still on the treadmill belt? Or getting dangerously close to the side edge where if you even touch a piece of the stationary part of the treadmill, you'll fly off or lose your footing or make a fool of yourself somehow (if I need to state the obvious, you must stay ON the treadmill belt if you want things to end well). True story--it's happened to all of us. Katie witnessed this very thing in the gym, some Rico Suave who literally flew off the back. Awkward. Not only did he get back on, but he had to prove himself. He got back on and ramped up that speed. Joe cool over here. If you're lucky, you'll have the gym all to yourself if this ever happens.

And for someone who isn't good with directions in the first place (and by "not good", I mean Casey registered us for a GPS for the wedding because of me...and I get lost in a city I've lived in for 28 years but whatev, I pay attention to the important things and driving is not one of them), not being able to see is a huge problemo.

So this is my current woe: I CAN'T SEE. The only reason I know what I'm typing is because I took keyboarding all through middle school, and I don't have to look at the letters when I type. Sometimes, I close my eyes when I type to make work more exciting. Well, the reason I can't see is because, I actually don't know why I can't see. I just woke up one day this week and my right eye is bright blood-red. Gross out, huh? Well it's true. It doesn't itch or hurt, it's just bright red. And then the other night it felt like someone was throwing darts at my eye. Or that a window broke and all the pieces fell into my eye (cause I'm sure both of those things happen to alot of people). That felt good. It doesn't hurt now, but when I try to put my contacts in, it burns. I have an unhealthy love for my contacts so this is unfortunate. I think they are a great invention. I mean, I'm talking right up there with electricity and the telephone and Brooks running shoes and mangoes and the cotton gin.

So anyways, until my eye gets better, I guess I'll just have to type and do my job and drive and run with my eyes closed (which, oddly enough, I actually have been known to do before...the running, not the driving). I obviously can't see all the mass destruction going on around me anyhow...and I'm probably better off...

No comments:

Post a Comment