About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Monday, August 13, 2012

These are the things I think about.

I look so big.
I hope our baby has red hair.
When's my bump going to show? For proof. That's its real. That I have a baby inside me!
I hope our baby has curls.
If our baby is a girl, I hope she wants to do ballet.
And run.
Now I want to go run.
If our baby is a boy, I hope he wants to run too.
He can play soccer. That would be cool.
Or ice hockey. Like his daddy. But ice hockey is expensive.
How can we even afford a baby? Insurance alone is so expensive. Nevermind diapers.
Good thing the baby will be on the boob. No formula for this mommy and daddy.
Do I want to work? I don't want to work.
But will I miss working?
I don't want someone else taking care of our baby.
Will Brooks and Boone be mad at me for bringing home a baby?
No, they'll be so sweet to the baby and be so helpful.
What am I going to do when I can't run? Running already hurts my Queen Victoria. Push through the pain though...right?
When will I feel the baby kick?
Are we having a girl or a boy?
I kinda hope we have a girl so that at the gender reveal party, the cake can have raspberry filling. But buttercream icing dyed blue is good too. So it's okay if we have a boy.
If we have a boy, I'm going to buy him cute little shoes. And a shark towel. And the little wall art from Etsy with the mustache and "Little Man" written under it.
If we have a girl, I'm going to buy her a tutu and cute little rompers and skinny jeans and purple Brooks.
Has Brooks even seeped into the baby market yet? Oh no. Nikes will do.
When will I be able to wear my skinny jeans again?
What if I'm not a good mom? I have no idea what I'm doing.
My boobs are probably going to hurt.
That's what everyone talks about.
It would be funny if our baby is tall. We're not tall.
I wonder if our baby will go to Carolina. Or maybe West Point. I love NY.
I still want to go there in December. Maybe next year. Can babies ice skate in Rockefeller center?
I hope our baby is smart.
Maybe we can teach our baby a second language. So that at age 3, our baby can just break out in a conversation of Mandarin. Is that presumptuous? Okay, age 4. That would be cool. I guess I ought to learn Mandarin first.
I'm scared of teenagers. Can we skip that stage of life?
I want to go to the beach. 
Good thing Casey and I are going to the Bahamas for a babymoon.
I hope the baby likes the beach. And boats. 
I can't wait till Casey can teach our child to fish.
Will our baby like fish? Will the baby like vegetables?
The baby better at least like sweet potatoes, tomatoes, broccoli, and zucchini.
I think the baby will like vegetables. Or at least cucumbers. I've been eating cucumber sushi like nobody's business.
Now I want some peanut butter. On raisin bread toast. So it starts to get melty cause the bread is warm.
I hope our baby doesn't have a nut allergy. I'll feel even worse if our baby does because, confession: I've been eating peanut butter.
I wonder if I'll be a good mom.
I'm probably going to have some major meltdowns. I had a couple meltdowns when we first got the girls cause I thought I wasn't going to be a good mom. And now a human? Oh dear.
I hope our baby loves God. And loves singing.
I hope the baby loves my singing. Questionable.
I hope the baby loves me.
I hope I'm a good mom.
I hope I become a good juggler. Not objects. Tasks. Although, objects would be cool. Another way to entertain the baby. Maybe I'll have to start practicing that.
I have so much to learn...

P.S. We are about 99.9% sure we have a boy name and a girl name picked. We love them. We just won't tell anyone until we know what we're having. Don't pee your pants when you find out. And try to get some sleep at night until then.

2 comments:

  1. Not only do I have to wait to find out if it's raspberry filling or blue buttercream, but now I have to wait to find out the name, too?! Patience is certainly not my forte. You might kill me with anticipation. You should think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll make it to Sept 9!! I just don't know if I will. I mean that's well over 18 weeks when we COULD find out. Ahhh. Also, thank you for being pretty much my only faithful reader. You're a true friend :)

    ReplyDelete