About Me

My photo
The youngest of three girls, I used to be the littlest lamb. Then I met a boy, fell deep in love, and now I'm a Krasen! But in my heart, I'll forever be my parents' Littlest Lamb too. I'm told I'm over-dramatic, and I prefer to think of it passionate about my feelings, but you know, whichever...I tell myself I love spontaneity, but let's be honest, if I didn't have organization, I would lose it. So I love planned spontaneity (totally not an oxymoron). I love loving. And I love to write. Enjoy the drama (passion), organization, and love as it unfolds in my life...a life that is not my own, but is dedicated to serving my God and my husband. And a life in which I am clothed in grace.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Sound Machine

The other night morning when I walked back to my room, I just stood outside the door mesmerized by the sounds from the other side. Seriously, without little bulldogs of your own, it's hard to even explain. Mostly, because  I imagine the description does not sound all that appealing.

But I walked up just to listen to the sweet grunts, rhythmic breathing, and occasional snores coming from my babies. I love those sounds. If I could create a sleep sound machine, those are the sounds I would bottle up and stuff inside. Ever since they were babies, those are my favorite sounds. Casey and I would just lay in bed listening to our sleeping beauties, and I would tell him how much those sounds melt my heart and how I cannot believe they are ours.

It may sound silly, but my girls are so special to me. So on this night, I walked in and gave my girls a good morning kiss before going back to bed. A full tummy and a full heart. They are going to be the best big sisters. 

Is it overkill to create our baby's sound machine with recorded bulldog sleep sounds? I know, I know, sounds nothing like the inside of my tummy, right? But then again, around 20-whatever weeks, babies can hear outside sounds, so maybe the sounds of our girls at night put Baby K to sleep too...definitely worth investigating.


No comments:

Post a Comment